Passport photo requirements
Where can I find passport photos near me?
If you're in the United States and need to get passport photos taken, here are some of the most common places:
Many post offices offer passport photo services. You can find a post office near you using the USPS website or customer service line. They can also start the passport application process.
Bring all necessary documents when taking a passport photo at these locations. It may include your passport application, your ID, and any specific requirements outlined by the US Department of State.
Pharmacies and Supermarkets
Drugstore and supermarket chains such as Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and Costco offer passport photo services. If you search for the nearest place to take passport photos, any of these options will appear in the results.
Some camera shops or passport photography studios, such as Ritz Camera and Samy's Camera, offer passport photography services in the United States.
Shipping centers and shopping centers
Some shipping centers, such as FedEx and UPS, offer passport photo services.
Additionally, in some malls, you'll find kiosks that offer the option of having a passport-style photo taken for you. Most of them are authorized by the retail centers and pharmacies mentioned above.
Some printers, such as Staples, offer passport photo services.
Also, follow the passport photo guidelines found on the US Department of State website to make sure your photo is acceptable.
Best price for a passport photo near me
For a convenient and affordable solution, you should budget between $5 and $20.
Also, to find the best price on a passport photo near you, search for nearby suppliers online or call them directly for pricing information. You can also compare prices between different providers in your area to find the most affordable option.
However, keep in mind that the cheapest option is not always the best quality, so balancing cost with quality and reliability is essential.
And for an overview of pricing, here are some of the places to look: (in ascending to descending order)
|Sam's Club||5,31 $|
|AAA||Basic members pay $10 and non-members pay $15|
|Postal Attachment||$ 15|
Best places to get passport photos near me
Getting a US passport photo is easy if you know the best places to get high quality passport photos at affordable prices nearby. We've selected a few options for you in each of the following categories:
Passport photo studios near me
Passport photo studios are companies that specialize in passport photos. These studios offer a professional, personalized experience and often have the equipment and expertise needed to take high-quality passport photos.
In addition, photo studios may provide additional services such as express processing or printing options. Search online or check your local business directory for a passport photo studio near you.
Passport photo booth near me
Passport photo booths in public places such as airports, shopping malls and post offices provide a quick and cost-effective solution for taking passport photos. These automated kiosks comply with all Ministry of Foreign Affairs guidelines, ensuring that the images taken meet the necessary standards.
Digital passport photos near me
Some service providers offer digital passport photos that can be taken at home or at a location of your choice. These photos are typically taken with a smartphone or digital camera and edited to meet the US State Department's passport photo requirements. Digital passport photos can be convenient for those who prefer to avoid visiting a physical location. You can search online or check your local business directory to find a provider that offers digital passport photos near you.
Pixel passport photo tool
If you can't find a place to take passport photos nearby, Pixelied is an online tool that helps you create a perfect passport size photo that meets the US State Department's criteria.
Using Pixelied is not only convenient, but also cost effective. The tool takes the digital version of your image and automatically adjusts the size and resolution to make it ready to print. In addition, we also offer a hassle-free home delivery service that ensures you get your high-quality prints right at your doorstep without any delays or hassles.
What are the requirements at the nearest passport photo location?
Passport photo requirements are not determined by any specific location. The Department of State sets the requirements for a passport image in the United States. They remain the same for all passport photo locations.
Here are some general requirements for a passport photo:
- Size:Image must be 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm).
- Bottom:The background must be white or almost white.
- expression:Facial expressions should be neutral or a natural smile with both eyes open.
- head position:The head should be facing directly towards the camera with the whole face visible. The head should be centered in the photo with clean, sharp focus.
- Clothes:Clothing in the photo should be casual, neutral colors and no uniforms or suits.
- Lighting:The lighting must be uniform and not create shadows or glare on the face.
- Analysis:The photo must be high resolution and printed on high quality glossy paper.
How can I print at the nearest passport photo location?
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to print at your nearest passport photo location in just three steps:
Step 1: Find the nearest passport photo location
Using Google, locate the nearest passport photo location. You can also check your local business directory or ask friends or family for recommendations. Our top recommendations are CVS, Walmart, Target, and Costco because they are available almost everywhere.
Pass 2: Visit or Passport Photo Location
Go to the passport photo location during business hours. Take your digital photo file with you, either on a USB drive or on your smartphone, and do the following:
- Submit your digital photo and order prints for your passport application.
- Confirm that your photo meets the US Department of State's passport photo requirements. If the photo does not meet the criteria, ask the team to adjust the image or take a new one.
- Advise the group to print the photo at 2 x 2 inches.
Step 3: Pay for your prints
The cost of printing a passport photo varies by location and print size. You can pay by cash, credit or debit card. After paying, wait for the print to be ready.
The staff may ask you to wait in the store or come back later to collect the print.
Before leaving the store, make sure the printed photo meets the US State Department's passport image requirements. If there are any problems, ask the team to reprint.
US passport photo locations near me
If you are in the United States and need a passport photo, there are several places near you where you can get a photo. These locations include local pharmacies, department stores, post offices and passport photo service providers.
You can search for these locations online or through mapping applications. many offer answering services without an appointment. It is important to ensure that the location you choose meets the US State Department's requirements for passport photos, such as size, quality, and background color.
You should also check their hours and prices to make sure they fit your needs and budget.
How to take a passport photo at home using a phone?
Here's a step-by-step process for taking a passport photo at home using a phone:
- Find a well-lit area:You will need a well-lit area to take the photo. Natural light works best, so try to be near a window.
- Configure your phone:Place the phone on a tripod or other stable surface so that it remains stationary. Alternatively, you can ask someone to hold the phone for you.
- Use the rear camera:Use your phone's rear camera, as it usually has better quality than the front camera.
- Choose a plain background:Stand in front of a white or off-white background. You can use a sheet of paper or a blank wall.
- Position yourself correctly:Stand about five feet from the camera and keep your face straight, with your eyes looking directly into the camera. Your shoulders should be in line with the camera and your head should be in the center.
- Tire in the photo:Use your phone's timer feature or have someone else take the photo. Be sure to take multiple photos to make sure you get a good one.
- Edit photo:Use an online passport photo editor such as Pixelied to crop the image to the correct size and remove shadows/photos.
- Print the photo:Print the image on high quality glossy photo paper or have it printed at your local pharmacy or print shop.